Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Lost


I crash landed with a loud “BANG” in the middle of the forest. My plane was a wreck and I didn’t think I could fix it. The gloomy shadows of the woods surrounded me as I slowly wandered through the large, tall trees. I looked into the sky but it had disappeared and taken all the light with it. I thought to myself for a moment, “I can’t turn back now, I can only go further to find my way out”.

I had nothing but the clothes on my back and the shoes on my feet. I knew that I had to find shelter to keep safe from the deadliest creatures and the cold that I shared the jungle with. I wasn’t safe, not  at all, I hoped and prayed for the best to come but nothing appeared to change. I started to panick, I got anxious not knowing what will happen next. I was also hungry, cold and scared. Hopefully, it gets better.

I woke up in the morning feeling the warmth of sun on my face and heard the slightest sound of falling water. I imediately had a rush of happiness flow through my veins. I followed the sound and it started to grow louder and louder by every step I took. I finally found it, a beautiful waterfall that at this moment meant everything in the world to me.

I leant in to feel the streaming water but fell into a cave behind it. I fell onto the ground but was shocked at the amazing scene. I couldn’t help but stop and stare at everything around me. I searched the cave and found a small gap in the wall and looked inside. I felt for something to open a door for me to enter, then “CLICK”. I was speechless. In this cave there was a treasure chest filled with jewels, gold and treasure. “What’s going on?” I said to myself.

I had my sight set on one golden bracelet so I grabbed it and ran off. If I’m really honest with myself, I expected something bad to happen, but nothing did. Now I really am thankful that nothing bad actually happened to me. It started to get dark so I built me a small shelter to stay under and keep safe from the elements and danger. I was happy though, I had a soft bed of fresh grass, a roof over my head, well sort of.

Even though I was stranded on that island, I thought of the positives. I could have that cave as a house, and a great life. A new life. A better life. Being there could be the solution to my problem. I was finally free.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Makayla! My name is Katlyn! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL, USA. I am currently in a course at school called EDM 310. This class is a class for students who want and hope to become teachers one day, and that's exactly what I want to do! In this class we have learned about all types of technology that can be used in classrooms, blogging being one of those resources. I have found it so wonderful to be able to communicate, share ideas, and share thoughts with people from all across the world.

    I first would like to say I loved this story! You made it so interesting, and I didn't want to stop reading. I found myself wanting to read to find out what was going to happen next. I loved your attention grabbing introduction and I loved your use of vivid imagery! For example, I love your sentence "The gloomy shadows of the woods surrounded me as I slowly wondered through the large, tall tress." I also loved your sentence "I looked into the sky but it had disappeared and taken all the light with it." You are very creative and using lots of descriptive details really grabs readers attention. So I think you did a lovely job! Continue to keep up the great work Makayla!

    If you would ever like to check out my own blog, feel free to do so at Katlyn's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katlyn! Good luck on becoming a teacher, I hope you have a great future in teaching!

      Makayla:)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.