Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

The Invaded Island



The Invaded Island

Friday the 1st of March. The day of our school picnic. Everyone had counted down the days and nights for this picnic to occur. It was almost within our reach. “Today’s the day!” I exclaimed. Time ticks by and I get closer to the beginning of the picnic.

“Come on uncle, you need to hurry along otherwise we’re going to be late!” I shout at him. “Okay, okay I’m coming, let’s go.” “Finally!” I say. It’s now time for the picnic. We head to Pt. England reserve to set up the picnic.

 I start to complain of an unusual smell that was dreadful! As I got closer to our picnic spot, I started to feel dizzy because of the awful smell the beach had produced. I looked around to see if there was something strange about the beach. Turns out there was nothing there! “Makayla!” “Wow!” I say. “What are you doing?” asked Ashlee. “Oh, nothing but can you smell that odour? Honestly you can pretty much see the waves of the stink rising from the ground!” “ Yeah, it’s pretty bad but it’s probably just the sea water getting to you!” says Ashlee.

I started to hear strange noises coming from the beach. I looked over to see nothing but pure water, rocks and sand. I look deeper and harder into the water. The day’s starting to die down slowly, but we’ve still got more day to have fun with so we take it and do what ever we can with it. Suddenly . . . . . . . “RROOAARR!” Something appears out of the water. Everyone screams and runs around like crazy. I stand in fear as the sea monster springs out at me and shouts at me loudly! I still stand there in silence as I raise my hands above my head. The monster pauses and crawls back into the water. At that moment I feel like I’ve been cursed with powers but that’s just ridiculous!

I go to find my uncle and my sister to make sure they’re alright. Everything is okay. We walk off to school, everyone still in shock from the mysterious monster that lurched in the water. Whatever it is, It’s gone now, but we know to be warned about what’s in the world of the unknown.

The day continues and we are eventually released to go home. That is a day to remember. But I am still wandering if I really do have powers. NEK MINIT . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi Makayla,

    I really enjoyed reading you long story. I really liked it how you said NEK MINIT at the end that just made me laugh.

    KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.